Stud Service Fees
We have been leasing, breeding, and raising pack llamas since 2016. During this time we have spent countless hours researching and experiencing first-hand what it takes to be a top-quality pack llama. In order to improve our own herd, we have been purchasing the best stud llamas we can get our hands on.
Only our top studs are given the chance to reproduce. In order to become a “top stud”, our boys first have to prove themselves as packers on the trail and show that they are capable of doing whatever is asked of them. If they don’t pack well, regardless of their bloodlines, we don’t allow them to breed.
Our ccara llama breeding goals focus on producing llamas that we know can handle whatever the Rocky Mountains can throw at them. We focus on producing high-quality ccara pack llamas that are large in size, short-wooled, have a good demeanor, and proper conformation. They need to look good, but they also need to be smart and have the desire to work and be a commercial pack llama. Not all pack llamas are created equal so it’s important to look for llamas with these traits.
We are proud to offer up some of our best packers for outside stud services. If you need help deciding which stud would be best for your female(s), please contact us and we can give you our recommendations!
How does the process work?
- Prepare your female(s) for transport to our ranch in Parowan, Utah:
- Ensure that your female(s) is/are healthy (not skinny or overweight – both can make successful breeding very difficult).
- Obtain a vet health inspection (if they are traveling out of state).
- Run a fecal test to check for parasites (we don’t want our studs getting sick).
- Pay the non-refundable $200 deposit:
- The $200 deposit will cover the cost (hay/water) and time it will require to take care of your female(s) while they are at our ranch for 1-2 months.
- The remaining balance will be due once the cria is born alive and well. (if the stud fee is $1000, your $200 deposit will go towards that fee. So you will owe the remaining $800 once the cria is born alive and well).
- Bring your female(s) to our ranch:
- Your female(s) come stay at our ranch (located in southern Utah) for 30-60 days. During this time we will attempt to breed them and ensure that they are pregnant.
- The longer they can stay at our ranch, the better chance they have of getting pregnant and having a successful birth.
- Take your female(s) home:
- After we have successfully bred your female(s), they will return to you.
- Once the cria is born and is healthy, you will pay the remaining balance of the stud fee.
- If the cria is stillborn, isn’t healthy, or the female doesn’t give birth you do not pay the remaining balance of the stud fee. We can attempt to breed the female(s) again, however, you will need to pay the $200 non-refundable deposit again to cover the cost of feed and our time.
Typically we only like to bring your female(s) to our ranch for breeding. But if you have a large number of females that you would like bred to the same stud, it may make more sense to send the stud to your ranch. Please contact us and we can talk more about this option.
Kahless – $1000 Stud Fee
Kahless is arguably the best stud that we own. He has everything you look for in a ccara working llama:
- Good size (47″ at the withers)
- Excellent bone structure and conformation
- Calm demeanor with a never-give-up attitude
- Over 15+ offspring
Some of Kahless’ offspring:
Wu – $750 Stud Fee
Wu has some of the most unique bloodlines found in the US. We can breed him to nearly every female in our herd. That alone makes him extremely valuable (because of the limited bloodlines in the US).
He has impressed us in his first year of packing (as a 3 year old) and he is only going to get better. He already has 2 great offspring so far, with 3 more due in 2021.
- 46″ at the withers
- Very rare bloodlines
- Excellent stride length with allows him to cover more distance with less effort
Wu’s offspring so far:
Lloyd – $750 Stud Fee
Lloyd is one of the largest studs that we own. He is the second cria that we raised from birth. He turns 4 in 2021, and he has really impressed us so far with his packing ability.
Unfortunately, he is related to most of our females so we aren’t able to use him in our breeding program as much as he deserves. He would be a great fit with the right female(s).
- Very tall – 48″ at the withers
- Great conformation
- Potential to be one of our best packers
Ragnar – $750 Stud Fee
Ragnar is new to our ranch as of November 2020. We plan on breeding him to many of our females in 2021. He has a great attitude, is very athletic, and is built like a middle linebacker. We are expecting him to produce some great looking offspring for us.
- 48.5″ at the withers
- He can easily handle loads of 120lbs (although we rarely go over 80lbs)
- Scored 50/50 points during the CCARA screening process
- He does have 1 blue eye, but it doesn’t affect him in any way
- His stud fee will likely increase once he gets some offspring on the ground
Arundel – $750 Stud Fee
A-Aron has been our favorite packer for the past 4 years. He has such a calm personality and is willing to do whatever is asked of him. He is our go-to packer when we need to send him with a client who is new to llamas and livestock because he never causes any problems.
- 46″ at the withers
- Extremely mellow personality and he seems to transfer that over to his offspring
- Our top commercial packer for over 4 years
He has produced 2 great offspring so far:
Skye – $500 Stud Fee
Skye has a couple years of commercial packing experience under his belt and he has quickly turned into one of our favorite packers. He is extremely athletic, has a great stride length, and can cover ground like you wouldn’t believe. He is very strong and can easily handle 80 pound loads.
He doesn’t currently have any offspring, but we plan to breed him to a couple of our girls in 2021. He has proven on the trail that he deserves a spot in our breeding program.
- 46.5″ at the withers
- Very smart and loves to pack
- Extremely athletic with a tall/lanky build
- Scored a perfect 50/50 on the CCARA screening process
We also have other studs listed on our website on the “Packers” page. Please feel free to check out some of our other studs and see if they would be a better fit for you. Please contact us if you would like to use one of our studs for breeding!
Check out our most recent YouTube video!