Why Rent Pack Llamas
Many people enjoy spending time in the backcountry with friends and family. However, because of the physical stress required to carry a heavy backpack, some people aren’t able to do this. Many people have been backpacking for years but are tired of carrying around a heavy pack. Whether you are hiking for the day, spending multiple nights on the mountain, or wanting to hike in to your favorite fishing/hunting spot, llamas will make getting into the backcountry much easier and more enjoyable.
Llamas are perfect if you are:
- Wanting to explore the backcountry and see new places
- Wanting to hike faster, longer, and further
- Looking to get into the backcountry with much less work
- Want to carry more gear
- Wanting to eat better food while camping
- A hunter wanting to hike further from the trailhead to avoid other hunters
- Looking to fish new lakes and streams that are hard to get to
- Wanting to carry more water into areas that hold little or no natural water resources
Why llamas are ideal for packing:
- Eat and drink roughly 10% the intake of a horse or mule (allows you to camp in areas with limited feed and water)
- Low maintenance in camp (Stake them out and leave them for the day. Move them to a new spot each day.)
- They can go extended periods without drinking water (depending on the weather)
- Soft, padded hoof which lowers impact on the trail and vegetation, and gives them great traction.
- Very strong and can carry roughly 1/4 of their body weight (60-80lbs) in any terrain
- Much safer and easier to handle than horses
- Very quiet when walking (good for hunting)
- Great with younger kids and older people
- They don’t spoke around dead big game
Check out our most recent YouTube video!