Why Rent Pack Llamas
Many people enjoy, or would enjoy, spending some time in the backcountry with friends and family. However, some people aren’t able to do this because of the physical stress that is needed to carry a heavy backpack. Some people have been backpacking for years but are tired of carrying around a heavy pack. Whether you are just hiking for the day, spending multiple nights on the mountain, or wanting to hike in on your favorite fishing or hunting trip, llamas will make getting into the backcountry much more enjoyable.
Llamas are perfect if you are:
- Wanting to explore the backcountry and see new places
- Wanting to hike faster, longer, and further
- Looking to get into the backcountry with much less work
- Want to carry more gear
- Wanting to eat better food while camping
- A hunter wanting to hike further from the trailhead to avoid other hunters
- Looking to fish new lakes and streams that are hard to get to
- Wanting to carry more water into areas that hold little or no natural water resources
Why llamas are ideal for packing:
- Eat 5-10% the intake of a horse or mule
- Low maintenance in camp (Stake them out and leave them for the day. Move them to a new spot each day.)
- Can go extended periods without drinking water (depending on the weather)
- Soft, padded hoof which lowers impact on the trail and vegetation, and gives them great traction.
- Very strong and can carry 80#+ in any terrain.
- Very easy to handle
- Very quiet (good for hunting)
- Great for younger and older people