Stud Service Fees
We have been leasing, breeding, and raising pack llamas since 2016. During this time we have spent countless hours researching and experiencing first-hand what it takes to be a top-quality pack llama. In order to improve our own herd, we have been purchasing the best stud llamas we can get our hands on.
Only our top studs are given the chance to reproduce. In order to become a “top stud”, our boys first have to prove themselves as packers on the trail and show that they are capable of doing whatever is asked of them. If they don’t pack well we don’t allow them to breed, regardless of their bloodlines.
Our ccara llama breeding goals focus on producing llamas that we know can handle whatever the Rocky Mountains can throw at them. We focus on producing high-quality ccara pack llamas that are large in size, short-wooled, have a good demeanor, and proper conformation. They need to look good, but they also need to be smart and have the desire to work and be a commercial pack llama. Not all pack llamas are created equal so it’s important to look for llamas with specific traits outlined by the North American Ccara Association.
We are proud to offer up some of our best packers for outside stud services. If you need help deciding which stud would be best for your female(s), please contact us and we can give you our recommendations!
How does the process work?
- Prepare your female(s) for transport to our ranch in Parowan, Utah (in 2023 we may have some studs in Cody, WY):
- Ensure that your female(s) is/are healthy (not skinny or overweight – both can make successful breeding very difficult).
- Obtain a vet health inspection (if they are traveling out of state).
- Run a fecal test to check for parasites (we don’t want our studs getting sick).
- Pay the non-refundable $200 deposit:
- The $200 deposit will cover the cost (hay/water) and time it will require to take care of your female(s) while they are at our ranch for 1-2 months.
- The remaining balance will be due once the cria is born alive and well. (if the stud fee is $1000, your $200 deposit will go towards that fee. So you will owe the remaining $800 once the cria is born alive and well).
- Bring your female(s) to our ranch:
- Your female(s) come stay at our ranch (located in southern Utah) for 30-60 days. During this time we will attempt to breed them and ensure that they are pregnant.
- The longer they can stay at our ranch, the better chance they have of getting pregnant and having a successful birth.
- Take your female(s) home:
- After we are confident your female(s) is/are successfully bred, they will return to you.
- Once the cria is born happy and healthy, you will pay the remaining balance of the stud fee.
- If the cria is stillborn, has health issues, or the female doesn’t give birth you do not pay the remaining balance of the stud fee. We can attempt to breed the female(s) again, however, you will need to pay the $200 non-refundable deposit again to cover the cost of feed and our time.
Typically we only like to bring your female(s) to our ranch for breeding. But if you have a large number of females that you would like bred to the same stud, it may make more sense to send the stud to your ranch. Please contact us and we can talk more about this option.
Tosten – $1000 Stud Fee
If we could create the perfect llama stud he would be tall, lean, athletic, nice disposition, and have a short classic coat. Tosten is pretty close to what that stud would look like:
– Next-level height (50″ at the withers)
– CCARA screened
– Excellent proven packer
Tosten’s offspring so far. He will be breeding quite a few females in 2023:
Davy – $1000 Stud Fee
Davy is exactly what we look for in ccara stud and he seems to pass on these traits to his offspring as well:
– Extremely tall (49.5″)
– Lean & athletic build
– Short classic coat
– Proven packers & breeders in his pedigree.
He has produced 3 offspring so far with many more to come in the upcoming years.
Some of Davy’s offspring:
We also have other studs listed on our website on the “Packers” page. Please feel free to check out some of our other studs and see if they would be a better fit for you. Please contact us if you would like to use one of our studs for breeding!
Check out our most recent YouTube video!